Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Weekday Warrior?


I was a bit lazy over the weekend and didn't get my 3 mile jog in. Weekends are going to be a tough adjustment for me. I love a good beer and late nights are not uncommon, so I have to find a way to strike a balance. But until then, i'll have to make up for it during the week. Monday night I went for 3 mi. in 30 minutes and tonight I'll be back in there for a timed run of 40 minutes. I want to see where my wind is at.

I've found that the best strategy for me (in my limited running history) has been to walk for a minute at intervals during my runs. I feel that it breaks up the monotony as these distances grow and it gives me a chance to take in a little bit of H2O. Then when I start back up I feel considerably better.

Another thing that has become apparent to me is that I need to buy more running shirts. Regular T-shirts get pretty annoying when drenched in sweat. On top of that, I think I will probably get fitted for a better pair of running shoes come March.

Finally, I believe I've decided on a short-term goal of running the Wisconsin Half-Marathon on 5/1 in Kenosha. I'll build a race schedule leading up to it, and if that goes well I might just take a stab at the Chicago Marathon. We'll see...

Weight: 211.4

Tonight's Goal: 40 minutes at about a 9:30 pace?

Twitter: @Run_Bike_Paddle

No comments:

Post a Comment