Thursday, January 7, 2010

Running for Pizza


Today, I ate lightly all day so I could reward myself with my all-time, desert island favorite food - pizza. It was fantastic and it tasted even better since I've done really well at the outset of this diet and training regimen. It also gave me the energy to get back in the gym again to take care of business.

I worked my abs and core heavily and then ran a fast 1.25 miles in 10 mins as planned...and I made it with not a second to spare. Tomorrow will be a rest and recovery day, with a longer endurance run planned for Saturday. I'm hoping for around 30-35 minutes at about a 9:15 pace.

I'm also beginning to work on my short term and mid-term goals, as far as races are concerned. I'd like to get a half marathon under my belt this summer and see if it could lead to a marathon. In the meantime, I'm looking into a few 5k/10k races to get my feet wet again. Just have to wait until the snow stops.

Weight: 212.4

- Joe

Twitter: @Run_Bike_Paddle

No comments:

Post a Comment