Monday, January 4, 2010

A Journey of a Thousand Miles...


I am roughly 567 days away from the 2011 Minnesota B2B, but the training regimen and healthier living begin today. I am 26 years of age and have been fairly active for most of my life. From the organized sports and pick-up football games of my childhood to some intramural sports and ultimate frisbee in college, I always found a way to challenge myself physically.

However as of late, I have found it harder and harder to commit to any consistent exercise plan in order to keep in shape. Furthermore, I haven’t found a way to challenge myself both physically and mentally – something I feel is necessary to the betterment of one’s life. What I mean to say is that I haven’t had an outlet or a goal to which I can apply my competitive nature. With this in mind, I called on an old friend to set forth on an adventure toward the 2011 Minnesota Border-2-Border Triathlon. As someone with very limited racing experience, I hope that this challenge of a lifetime – a run/bike/paddle triathlon encompassing 530 miles over 4 days - will be as rewarding as the daunting journey of preparing for it.

This blog will serve as a record of everything from physical training to the struggle with motivation; from eating better to the quest for the best running music; from equipment and gear to the physical and mental stress involved in this adventure. I’m always open to tips and techniques for running and biking as well as your favorite playlists. I hope you enjoy the ride.

Tonight’s Goal – Easy 2 miles, under 20 minutes

Weight: 217.4 lbs.

- Joe
Twitter: @Run_Bike_Paddle

No comments:

Post a Comment